Sunday, December 5, 2010

Bet you'll never guess where I went today . . .

Walk #39


I really need to start keeping track of how many of my adventures lead me to the Sports Basement. I'm pretty sure it's a lot. Without too much thought, I can think of 6 of these walks with the main purpose of getting me to SB (half to Crissy Field, half to Bryant). Crazy.

At least there was lots to look at today!
Starting with murals! This one is NOT from the Mission. I think it's called A Celebration of Love.
I love that the Golden Gate Bridge is golden. And that I assume those motorcyclists are Dykes on Bikes.


So from home, I wiggled my way to Castro, turned left and followed 19th east.
19th takes you straight through Dolores Park, which is not very exciting on a rainy day.


But on any other day it looks a lot like this Seurat-esque mural:

The next mural I saw was in the Mission and is not helping with the post-baseball depression. It's called
Vamos Gigantes!

Okay, you gotta check the close-ups because they're awesome:










Is it spring training yet?


And the last one. I was never one with the comic books, but I do love me some Ralph Garman, and he is all kinds of a comic book geek. So even though I wasn't listening to his HBO podcast with Kevin Smith, I still felt enough of a connection with my "friend" to snap the shot for him:

I did see more than murals today though.


I vote this to be the world's most awkward 3-point turn. Or 3,000 point turn.
I was stuck at this corner for almost 10 minutes watching this semi figure out how to get out of the precarious situation it found itself in. I was surprised when it was successful.








Nothing really exciting here, but this is a house you can see from the freeway and it stands out, obviously, cause it's colors are a little obnoxious. Anyway, fun to see the other side of it.



Total mileage: 5.51

No comments:

Post a Comment