Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to Matt!

Walk #44


I had some time, after work before dinner, so I went back to Parkside/Sunset. I took the L Taraval out to the SF Zoo.
The majority of the walk looked like this. Foggy and wet.

I took 45th from Sloat all the way to Lincoln and 44th back down to Ortega where things got fun.













Let's get started. First, I love the superscript. And second, the awesome upside down V.

Then there was the 2 / Z phenomenon ... twice!











But then the Ortega Street fun began . . .
I was pretty sure that the 'R' in Ortega was a really a P. It was a few blocks before I got proof, but you can be the judge.


In the end, they forgot to complete the R all together.

Then there were both of these awesome blunders. I like when the street stampers start haphazardly throwing around vowels. (For reference it's ORTEGA.)

Things were quite deceptive because of the fog. Ortega St kept going up. I was pretty certain there wouldn't be any stairs. Then I was pretty sure the first stair case was it. Then the second appeared.





















In the end, it was stairrifically sweaty. At least I got a bit of a workout . . .

The walk ended with a bang on FredErick Street.
Thank you street stampers. It was an exceptional day for you!

Total mileage: 7.52

No comments:

Post a Comment