Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Journey Begins

Here it is: A clean slate. The city of San Francisco just waiting to be conquered!

Dad & Terri came into town for the Giants-Dodgers game and we decided to meet at Pier 39 for lunch. Naturally, there was only one way to get there, so away I go!

Walk #1
I didn't have a ton of time so I went with a pretty basic route. From home I headed up Clayton to Grove, took a detour up Broderick (to by pass a street fair - no time for distractions today, but I will be back!) to Fulton. Up Divisadero to Sacramento (which seemed appropriate given that I was on my way to meet Dad & T who had
just come from there). A time crunch led me to turn on Van Ness. If time really got away from me, I could hop on a bus. Luckily, Dad & T were stuck in traffic, and I got to finish my walk. I turned on North Point, then Stockton and finally hit Pier 39.
Total miles: 4.92. Not a bad start.

p.s. The Giants beat the Dodgers 2-0 for the sweep. Hmmm baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment