Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Planes, Trains and Tennis Shoes

Walk #5
After the blistering heat of Lubbock, Texas (Congratulations Dr. Haygood!) it feels good to be back to summer in San Francisco. I love the cool air and the fog, this is totally where I belong. And after a week without walking anywhere it was nice to hit the pavement again. Down Haight St then onto 12th. Though not quite as exciting as the mispellings, these make me happy and curious as well:



These two corners are one block away. Why on earth is one "12th St" while the other is "Twelve"? Who is in charge? The inconsistency boggles the mind. . .




Halfway down 12th I discovered the San Francisco Chocolate Factory. Who knew such yummy chocolate was made in SF? Fortunately for me, it was on sale! Hooray! I got dark chocolate and milk chocolate and pride chocolate (only in SF. . . )

From 12th to Harrison, Division, and Townsend to the Caltrain Station and out of the city I go . . .
Total mileage: 3.4

No comments:

Post a Comment