Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Sidewalk Speaks . . .

Walk #37

Holy cannoli, today involved a lot of physical activity! After my morning run, Eva and I headed over to Sports Basement where she was teaching a free yoga class. (Yay free!) The class was awesome. It was one of those classes where you feel all relaxed and zen afterwards but the next day you wake up hurting in places you didn't know existed.

After yoga, we were feeling a bit ambitious and decided to do a bit of walking. Nothing too exciting, just a bit of a basket weave between 16th and 24th. Potrero, Hampshire, York, Bryant, Florida, Alabama. As always in the Mission, beautiful murals pop up here and there...

And so do the terrifying space monkeys (11:15):

















The trouble with going north/south over streets I've walked east/west is a repeat in mispelled street stamps. So while I came across 17ht and Flori'd'a, again, it was a little disappointing to not find anything new. Alas.

Near the end of my adventure, I got this message from the street. I thought it was pretty sweet.

Indeed, I do.

Total mileage: 8.67

No comments:

Post a Comment