Sunday, November 21, 2010

This Walk brought to you by BBQ!

Walk #36

Seeing as how it was supposed to bucket rain all day, I didn't really plan on getting much of a walk in. But the rain never really came so I improvised todays walk. There's not much photographic proof because Section A was a basket weave through the Tenderloin: up Hyde, down Leavenworth, Jones, Taylor, Cyril Magnin, Powell, Stockton. All between Market and O'Farrell. There were tons of social services, lines for free food and a couple of drug deals. Wasn't really comfortable busting out the camera. Section B was Market to Embarcadero which was super boring because it was Sunday and EVERYTHING was closed. Then Section C was all along Folsom to 101. It was a little boring. With one major exception.

I was pretty hungry and in search of somewhere yummy to eat. I passed a ton of places that were closed, a couple of fast food chains and a ton of leather bars. As the situation grew dire, I looked up and saw this:

Yes, the infamous Big Nate's BBQ. I can't tell you the number of times I heard Mr. K go on about Big Nate's and how one can order plates and plates of meat. I think he *might* have even brought Dirt Boy and I here during our senior year, so even if I have been here before, it's been 13 years. Anyway, I was SUPER excited to stumble upon it and I went right in. The guy at the register was totally awesome and totally listened to the story of my high school band director. I ended up ordering the pulled pork with mac & cheese and sweet tea.
And all I have to say is YUM - MY!! Mr. K is just the best.

Back at the ranch . . .
I finished up Duboce, to Hermann, and then in and out of the blocks around Duboce Park, before hitting Pierce to Page and home.


Total Mileage: 10.29

No comments:

Post a Comment