Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Take me out to the ball game . . .

Walk #20

After happy hour(s) at Toad Hall, I decided to take advantage of today's dynamic deal and get myself a cheap ticket to what looks to be my last Giants game of the season. *tear*


The walking options were plentiful but I decided to keep it as simple as possible. I walked all the way down 18th street from Castro to the Bay, then
up 3rd to AT&T. Super straight forward and it proved to be a genius plan. First, there was no line at Bi-Rite, I repeat NO LINE AT BI-RITE! On a beautiful Tuesday afternoon! Crazy. I of course got myself some white chocolate blackberry. Yummy looking, huh?


Then I got to cross two freeways! The first by pedestrian footbridge, which seriously terrified me, the second
a traffic ramp, which was not nearly as scary.

Funnily, there is something about me that is intrinsically a Peninsula girl , it was so awkward that 101 was west of 280. I kept thinking the map was lying to me. Guess I'm not quite a city girl yet.


101 280


Luckily, this walk was all about my favorite city workers: the Street Cement Stampers!

First, at 18th and SancheZ . . . .



Then, I thought I was walking on 18th street. Am I really 10 blocks off track and didn't realize it?

Is 'Florida' a little like 'Toys R Us'? Backwards letters are fun for kids of all ages! And it least it got this stuck in my head, which always makes me happy. Boots with the fur . . .


Sadly, I was late to the game, it's almost like I was a Dodger fan - yucka. But the view was nice coming to the park from the south.


Total Mileage: 3.77

1 comment:

  1. Excellent use of the word "yucka" -- and that makes two references to The Muppet Movie in your blog so far. I approve.

    ReplyDelete