Saturday, September 11, 2010

Walking to Eat!


Walk #18

It was a beautiful day in San Francisco but due to some unforeseen circumstances, I was unable to get my 'recreational' walk on. So I settled for yet another functional walk.
Today's function: Delicious food!

The best part of today's walk: Eva joined me! At one point she apologized for taking pictures and looking like a tourist. Haha, I take pictures all the time! Being a tourist in your home city is the best.

We started along Haight St to Buena Vista E where I had to apologize for the steep grade. But what goes up, must come down, and here we are on the steps down from Buena Vista E to Waller.

From Waller it was back UP Alpine Terrace, where we ran into one of my kitchen volunteers who lives up there! She is actually preparing a walking adventure for
herself, she's doing the 3-day breast cancer walk in Washington. Sadly, she wasn't able to join us, but
we wished her happy trials. But before we did she told us this house we were admiring belongs to one, Jim Hormel of SPAM fame. Mr. Hormel also happens to be a major donor to Project Open Hand! We didn't invite ourselves over for tea, though we should have.

Down 14th to Castro to 16th past the house with the most potted plants I've
ever seen down to the worst pedestrian intersection at Market, to Ike's Place. With eviction impending for my favorite tiny little sandwich shop, I felt like I had to get in there again sooner rather than later. I had a hard time deciding between the Ex-Boyfriend or the Al Bundy but ultimately went with the Tony Soprano - yum!

Sanchez to 18th to Guerrero
to 16th to Potrero to
Brannan and 8th for:

Now, the one thing I know for sure about the SF Underground Market, is that it is not very underground. Everyone and their mother was there on Saturday night. To be fair, I do know one more thing for sure. I heart Guiness Chocolate Ice Cream with Sea Salt.
Brannan to 10th to Market to Haight (with a detour for free wine and beer at a retail store where Eva's friend was) home.
Total mileage: 6.35

No comments:

Post a Comment