Tuesday, October 19, 2010

$2 Tuesday

Walk #29

I had some time to kill before meeting MJ and Randy at the City Tavern for $2 Tuesday. So I decided to take Larkin Street all the way out to the Wharf before crossing to the Marina.

I was quite glad it wasn't as much of a hike as I had anticipated. There were some stairs down at the end, but even they weren't too steep or too bad. The weather was perfect and the view was great. What more could a girl ask for?
Once I hit Chestnut Street I decided to bust out a few blocks between Bay and Chestnut, Van Ness and Laguna. All in all it was highly uneventful, though with my Matt Cain t-shirt on I got interrupted a lot and asked for the score of the game. Luckily I knew, 3 - 0 Giants!


After a super cheap night out, hooray for $2 beers and chicken tenders!, I choose Pierce St. to lead me home. As I crossed Union I found this creative effort by the street stampers:
I suppose if you'd lost the 'N' this would be the best way to go. Unless they meant Uivioiv Street. Then my bad. You guys are good.

I ran into a lot of parks on Pierce Street and had to make a few detours. But for the most part it was a straight shot. Then a few blocks from home, I had to ponder my whole plan and existance as this message was left waiting for me:


Total Mileage: 7.54

No comments:

Post a Comment