Saturday, October 16, 2010

Anza-Getting things done for America! Avenue

Walk # 28 - Fired Up!

It was a pretty standard walk home this evening. I followed Ellis from work as far as I could and made a few detours around a school and a Safeway. I walked up Fillmore for just one block, but it was the block that had this honoring Etta James, so naturally I spent the next mile singing "At laaast" because those are the only words I know.

I had to give up on Etta James so I decided to walk with my favorite boy from the cupboard under the stairs.
Ellis ends in a secluded neighborhood on a hill called Anzavista.
Or An-backwards Z-vista (at Encanto Ave)
Or AnAzavista (at Barcelona Ave)
Anavista is also home to a stairway up, and a stairway down . . . .





















Down Lyon, I found this aptly named church. It's called Solid Rock Baptist Church.


Total mileage: 4.29

No comments:

Post a Comment