Friday, October 22, 2010

Sunset & Parkside #2

Walk #31

With some extra time on my hands today I decided to reverse my walk from yesterday. I hopped on Muni, got off at the San Francisco Zoo and walked home.

I started out by circling a two blocks, then went up 47th to Lincoln. Out Lincoln to La Playa, down to Kirkham and Kirkham till it ended at 5th Ave.

The Sunset is really a misnomer, as all San Franciscans know. There's no sign of sun and hence no sunset. The Sunset is constantly drenched in fog but they are near the beach and it looks like the residents do the best they can do brighten the place up.

And show off their ocean proximity
























They're also ready for Halloween.






































ooooooh, scary!




And no walk would be complete without the following section on Cement Street Stamps!

No mistake here. I just really love the formatting effort of the "TH" :)

Mistakes here though.
Again, I can't get too worked up about the '1' - 'I' phenomenon as it's EVERYWHERE, but I do love the upside down V. Technically, not misspelled, just awesome.

Around 5th, I covered some dead end streets at UCSF before heading to Hugo, Arguello, Carl, Cole and Waller to get home.

Total mileage: 8.35

1 comment:

  1. Cobwebs and goblins look amazing on San Francisco architecture!

    ReplyDelete